The financial assistance program for the purchase and installation of an electric charging station for residential use aims to encourage the citizens of Deux-Montagnes to purchase electric vehicles.
AMOUNT OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
The financial assistance allocated under this program is $100 per residential housing unit. This is a one-time, non-renewable payment.
The annual budget of the program for each fiscal year is $10 000. Eligibility for applications ends upon the exhaustion of this budget during a fiscal year. The commitment of funds and delivery of the grant will be carried out in order of receipt of completed applications and in accordance with the provisions of this program.
This grant is in addition to the one already offered by the Gouvernement du Québec.
To be eligible for this financial support, the following conditions apply:
- The applicant must be the owner of a residential building located on the territory of Deux-Montagnes. Companies are not eligible for this program.
- The electric charging station that is purchased must be new and have a 240-volt power supply.
- The electric charging station must have been purchased after March 31, 2022, and the grant application form must be sent to the City no later than six months following the installation of the charging station.
- The station must have been certified by an accredited organization and must be part of the list of charging stations eligible for the Gouvernement du Québec’s Roulez vert
- The installation work for the charging station must be completed by the date of the grant application. This work must be carried out by an electrical contractor who holds a licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec.
- The applicant must authorize a city representative to verify the conformity of the information provided at the address where the station is installed.
- A grant may be paid to the owner at the rate of one station for a single-family residential building, 2 stations for bi-family, tri-family, and multi-family residential buildings, and 5 stations for a large multi-family residential building with a minimum of 12 housing units.
The application form for the program must include the two documents described below in order for the application to be accepted.
- Proof of residence (driver’s license or tax account in the owner’s name).
- Legible photocopy of the purchase invoice for the charging station.
- Legible photocopy of the invoice for the installation of the charging station performed by an electrical contractor holding a licence from the Régie du logement du Québec. The electrical contractor’s licence number must be indicated on the invoice.
APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Individuals who meet all of the eligibility requirements must fill out the application form (PDF below) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
⇒ Application form (in French)
Once the application has been completed and accepted, the grant is paid to the owner within 60 days of receipt of the grant application form.
No grant shall be paid for eligible work that has not been performed in accordance with this program and the municipal regulations in force.
For more information about the grant program for the purchase and installation of residential electric vehicle charging stations, citizens can write to email@example.com or contact the Urban Planning and Environment Department at 450-473-2796, ext. 3124.