Deux-Montagnes, June 21th, 2018 – Wishing to pursue and to improve unifying activities for the community, the city of Deux-Montagnes present its fourth edition of the Deux-Montagnes en fête to be held July 14 and 15.
The public is invited to come and discover our beautiful city’s shops, attractions, and more particularly, the side-street areas off Chemin Oka, between 12th and 16th Avenues, where the festivities will take place.
Come one, come all, and celebrate Deux-Montagnes on Saturday and Sunday, July 14 and July 15. If you’re looking for fun, you’re sure to find lots of activities and shows to enjoy at our city’s fourth annualDeux-Montagnes en fête celebrations. Saturday afternoon on Chemin d’Oka features inflatable games, rock climbing, a make-up factory, booths for local businesses and organizations, an electric test car, and more. Artist Raffy and singer-songwriter Sally Folk star in exciting evening performances at Parc Central.
A healthy, active environment, and lifestyle is the special theme on Sunday, July 15, as the City of Deux-Montagnes stages our popular annualCourse de la famille. To register, please visit www.jikko.ca.
Mayor Denis Martin commented: “On this occasion of our fourth edition of Deux-Montagnes en fête, we are convinced that this combination of activities on the same weekend will please every group of age.”
Meanwhile, Municipal Councillor, Madame Micheline Groulx-Stabile stated: “I am very happy to take part, again this year, in the organization of these festivities as president of the organizing committee. We wish that this annual event brings better visibility to our city and a feeling of pride to our citizens.”
City Councilor Erik Johnson said, “I am pleased to participate this year in the smooth running of this weekend’s activities as Vice-Chair of the Organizing Committee. Deux-Montagnes en fête is an essential family activity that allows you to discover the many attractions of the city of Deux-Montagnes. “
This event has had strong support from generous sponsors including the MP for Rivière-des-Mille-Iles, Mrs. Linda Lapointe,Deputy Member for Deux-Montagnes, Monsieur Benoit Charrette, Caisse Desjardins St-Eustache/Deux-Montagnes and SEVTECH production.
From left to right :
– Marie-Christine Pinard, Recreation Coordinator and member of the Organizing Committee of Deux-Montagnes en fête;
– Pascale Dupuis, cultural and library director and member of the organizing committee of Deux-Montagnes en fête;
– Margaret Lavallée, Municipal Councilor, Golf District;
– Mario Quesnel, recreation and community development director and member of the organizing committee of Deux-Montagnes en fête;
– Micheline Groulx Stabile, municipal councilor, Olympia district and president of the organizing committee of Deux-Montagnes en fête;
– Denis Martin, Mayor of Deux-Montagnes;
– Yannick Desrochers, political attaché for Mr. Benoit Charrette, MPP for Deux-Montagnes;
– Erik Johnson, Councilor, Lake District and Vice-President of the Deux-Montagnes Organizing Committee;
– Vera Madic, political attaché for Mrs. Linda Lapointe, MP for Rivière-des-Mille-Îles.